Frequently Asked Questions
Are there requirements to use Affirm?
Yes. You’ll need:
● To be the legal age of majority in the province or territory in which you reside
● To be a resident of Canada
● A Canadian Visa, Mastercard, Amex, or Discover credit card, or a Visa or Mastercard
debit card (with the Visa/Mastercard logo), which can be used for online transactions
● An SMS-capable Canadian phone number
● To meet the minimum cart size required to use Affirm as a payment option at checkout
How do I sign up?
If your basket is eligible for ’Pay in 4’ with Affirm, the option will be presented at checkout. After confirming your phone number, you’ll be sent an SMS message to confirm your identity. You’ll then set up your payment method with Affirm and accept the terms of your payment plan.
Does Affirm do a credit check?
To learn more about Affirm and credit checks, please read this FAQ article on the Affirm help site
How do I make payments?
At checkout, you can set up convenient, automatic pre-authorized payments that debited/charged your Canadian Visa/Mastercard debit/credit card.
Which payment methods are accepted?
Affirm currently accepts Visa and Mastercard credit or debit cards. Debit cards must have the Visa or Mastercard logo. Please note that prepaid cards are not accepted.